News & Events
- LinkDecember 1stThe WV GRiT Ambassador Program aims to engage female NICA student-athletes in spreading the word about the GRiT program throughout West Virginia. Our goal as a league, is to increase female participation. Currently we sit at 22.4 %, and we aim to increase that to 33% by 2023.
- LinkOctober 27thWe're raffling off a new Trek Fuel EX 9.8 bike.
- LinkJuly 13thOn the Bike Skills 101: This is a course designed to train coaches to teach fundamental mountain bike skills to student-athletes. Come on out, and join us at Big Bear Lake for your Coaching essentials class, and then join in the festivities of Dirt Fest. This course is required to advance to a level 2 coach.
- LinkJuly 6thWould you like to become a level 3 coach? This course will satisfy the First Aid and CPR requirements for NICA Level 3 coaches, that practice within 1 hour of a hospital. It is an 8 hour class for first aid, with a 2 hour add-on for CPR.
- LinkFebruary 21stIn March 2018, Steve Jones, Superintendent of North Bend State Park, attended WVICL’s Leaders Summit, which was hosted at North Bend. The father of three teenage boys, Superintendent Jones understood the benefits of NICA’s youth development programs. He quickly earned his Level 1 Coaching license and then began to educate his fellow administrators and park superintendents on the benefits of developing a relationship with WVICL to promote NICA’s values throughout West Virginia’s State Parks. Superintendent Jones was so impressed with NICA’s values and programs that he set out on a mission to build NICA-approved trails at North Bend State Park.
We appreciate our volunteers...If you're interested in helping, please sign up. Learn more about volunteering.
|Aug 31st to 1st||Little Creek Classic||Little Creek Park|
|Sep 14th to 15th||Rally In The Valley||Canaan Valley Resort State Park|
|Sep 28th to 29th||Battle at Big Bear||Big Bear Lake Camplands|
|Oct 12th to 13th||Defend the Bend||North Bend State Park|
|Oct 26th to 27th||The Stonewall Challenge||Stonewall Jackson Lake State Park|