The West Virginia Interscholastic Cycling League was organized in 2018 to provide a fun, safe and high quality mountain biking program for students in grades 6 to 12. With the cooperation of our partners and our sponsors, we are able to provide a competitive mountain bike racing experience. Regardless of ability level, the West Virginia League is committed to providing a positive experience for all student-athletes.
Our League Is...
- FunInspiring friendship, joy, and adventure.
- InclusiveEveryone should be able to participate in our programs and feel welcomed, respected and supported.
- EqualCommitted to fair treatment, equal access, opportunity, advancement and elimination of barriers to encourage participation for all.
- RespectfulConsideration for all others, oneself, and the outdoors.
- InvolvedNICA unites diverse people, families and communities through cycling by creating fun and welcoming experiences.
The West Virginia Interscholastic Cycling League:
- Fills a niche for students whose needs may not met by traditional interscholastic sports
- Gets kids outside
- Welcomes and supports diversity in ability, ethnicity, gender, orientation, and skill level
- Promotes trail-building efforts and environmental awareness
- Improves focus and academic performance in our student-athletes
- Promotes health & fitness in teens & their families
We know finances can be a barrier for people to participate in this sport, and we’re committed to assisting families to the best of our ability. Whether you’re a coach or a student-athlete, we are here for you! We’re able to offer this support thanks to the generous donations of our private donors and sponsors.
If you have any hesitation about joining due to financial constraints, fret no more and Contact Us so we can help!
WVICL 2021 Season Scholarship Policy
- WVICL has established a Scholarship Fund (“Fund”) to provide financial assistance to student athletes and coaches who meet the criteria established in the WVICL Scholarship Application (“Application”).
- The Fund shall consist of allocations from WVICL’s general revenue from year to year, at the discretion of the League Director and League Treasurer. A budget for the Fund shall be approved by the League Director from year to year.
- WVICL shall provide scholarships in accordance with this Policy. The League Director shall administer this Policy, and shall have the discretion award scholarships accordingly.
- All requests must be submitted on the Application, available at the WVICL website or by request to the League Director.
- All requests must be timely submitted between XXX, 2021 and XXX, 2021 to be considered. Exceptions to this rule may be made at the discretion of the League Director.
- Applications must be completed in full and be specific in the request to be considered.
- Scholarships will be offered ONLY for league registration, camp, and race fees.
- There is to be no scholarship consideration for travel, lodging and miscellaneous expenses requests.
- All requests must be made in writing a minimum of 15 days or longer prior to the particular event date request.
- Awards will be made on a case-by-case basis, based upon availability of funds, demonstrated need, League involvement, and any other relevant factors as determined by the League Director.
- Once all allocated funds in budget are exhausted, scholarship applications will no longer be considered.
We Need Your Help
We are a volunteer-based organization. Without our dedicated volunteers, parents, and coaches, our programs would not exist. Race-day volunteers are what make our events a success. Volunteering for a race is a single-day (or a few hours) commitment and is perfect for someone who wants to be involved but is limited on time.
|Rally in the Valley||August 28-29, 2021|
|Battle at Big Bear Lake||September 11-12, 2021|
|Rock and Roll at Cacapon||September 25-26, 2021|
|Defend The Bend||October 9-10, 2021|
|Brawl at Twin Falls||October 23-24, 2021|