The West Virginia Interscholastic Cycling League was organized in 2018 to provide a fun, safe and high quality mountain biking program for students in grades 6 to 12. With the cooperation of our partners and our sponsors, we are able to provide a competitive mountain bike racing experience. Regardless of ability level, the West Virginia League is committed to providing a positive experience for all student-athletes.
Our League Is...
- FunInspiring friendship, joy, and adventure.
- InclusiveEveryone should be able to participate in our programs and feel welcomed, respected and supported.
- EqualCommitted to fair treatment, equal access, opportunity, advancement and elimination of barriers to encourage participation for all.
- RespectfulConsideration for all others, oneself, and the outdoors.
- InvolvedNICA unites diverse people, families and communities through cycling by creating fun and welcoming experiences.
The West Virginia Interscholastic Cycling League:
- Fills a niche for students whose needs may not met by traditional interscholastic sports
- Gets kids outside
- Welcomes and supports diversity in ability, ethnicity, gender, orientation, and skill level
- Promotes trail-building efforts and environmental awareness
- Improves focus and academic performance in our student-athletes
- Promotes health & fitness in teens & their families
We know finances can be a barrier for people to participate in this sport, and we’re committed to assisting families to the best of our ability. Whether you’re a coach or a student-athlete, we are here for you! We’re able to offer this support thanks to the generous donations of our private donors and sponsors.
If you have any hesitation about joining due to financial constraints, fret no more and Contact Us so we can help!
We Need Your Help
We are a volunteer-based organization. Without our dedicated volunteers, parents, and coaches, our programs would not exist. Race-day volunteers are what make our events a success. Volunteering for a race is a single-day (or a few hours) commitment and is perfect for someone who wants to be involved but is limited on time.
|Little Creek Classic||Aug 31st and 1st|
|Rally In The Valley||Sep 14th and 15th|
|Battle at Big Bear||Sep 28th and 29th|
|Defend the Bend||Oct 12th and 13th|
|The Stonewall Challenge||Oct 26th and 27th|