Race Format & Rules
- Teams and students will have the option to participate in any of the self-timed race events at their convenience and in a safe, small group, socially-distanced format.
- Participating students will be placed based upon one (1) timed complete lap of each race course. Each course will be approximately 2-6 miles in length and similar to prior years.
- Students may do as many laps as they wish, but teams should only submit a single lap time for scoring. We suggest submitting the fastest time!
- Self-timed events are open to all student athletes with no restrictions.
- GPS course maps are linked below.
- Each race course will have an established Start/Finish.
- Teams should conduct these races as they would a team practice, and follow all rules regarding the conduct of a practice, including adherence to the team’s COVID-19 protocols.
- Teams will be responsible for pre-riding and knowing the courses, staging volunteers and marshalls, and timing student athletes. Course marshals should be assigned to areas where there are concerns regarding course conditions.
- Teams should not race if course or weather conditions create elevated levels of risk.
- Students should be started individually or in small groups (less than 5) to ensure safety.
- Be safe and have fun!
- A designated team representative should be assigned to time each student and record those times.
- The team representative should submit each participating student’s name, age, category, and fastest time by the submittal deadlines.
- Posted race times will be updated on the results page daily.
- There will be no series scoring - this is just for fun!
COVID-19 isn't going to stop the WVICL from offering student-athletes opportunities for competition and fun this fall. While we have unfortunately been forced to cancel the in-person race series this year, we are offering three venues and race courses for teams to challenge themselves. Teams have a one-month window to hold a practice and self-timed race at each venue. These team guided events are for fun, and there will be no series scoring, however individual results will be tallied and posted here.
Race 2 - Little Creek Park
Race 3 - North Bend State Park
* Please use Marshall points as recommended spots to stage coaches.
* Mandatory to stage coaches at ALL road crossings.
Past Race Results
|Oct 27, 2019||The Stonewall Challenge|
|Oct 13, 2019||Defend the Bend|
|Sep 29, 2019||Battle at Big Bear|
|Sep 15, 2019||Rally In The Valley|
|Sep 1, 2019||Little Creek Classic|
|Oct 21, 2018||Defend the Bend|
|Oct 7, 2018||Challenge at Watters Smith|
|Sep 23, 2018||Little Creek Classic|
|Sep 9, 2018||Battle at Big Bear|