Race Format & Rules
- Teams and students will have the option to participate in any of the self-timed race events at their convenience and in a safe, small group, socially-distanced format.
- Participating students will be placed based upon one (1) timed complete lap of each race course. Each course will be approximately 2-6 miles in length and similar to prior years.
- Students may do as many laps as they wish, but teams should only submit a single lap time for scoring. We suggest submitting the fastest time!
- Self-timed events are open to all student athletes with no restrictions.
- GPS course maps are linked below.
- Each race course will have an established Start/Finish.
- Teams should conduct these races as they would a team practice, and follow all rules regarding the conduct of a practice, including adherence to the team’s COVID-19 protocols.
- Teams will be responsible for pre-riding and knowing the courses, staging volunteers and marshalls, and timing student athletes. Course marshals should be assigned to areas where there are concerns regarding course conditions.
- Teams should not race if course or weather conditions create elevated levels of risk.
- Students should be started individually or in small groups (less than 5) to ensure safety.
- Be safe and have fun!
- A designated team representative should be assigned to time each student and record those times.
- The team representative should submit each participating student’s name, age, category, and fastest time by the submittal deadlines.
- Posted race times will be updated on the results page daily.
- There will be no series scoring - this is just for fun!
COVID-19 isn't going to stop the WVICL from offering student-athletes opportunities for competition and fun this fall. While we have unfortunately been forced to cancel the in-person race series this year, we are offering three venues and race courses for teams to challenge themselves. Teams have a one-month window to hold a practice and self-timed race at each venue. These team guided events are for fun, and there will be no series scoring, however individual results will be tallied and posted here.
Past Race Results
|Oct 27, 2019||The Stonewall Challenge|
|Oct 13, 2019||Defend the Bend|
|Sep 29, 2019||Battle at Big Bear|
|Sep 15, 2019||Rally In The Valley|
|Sep 1, 2019||Little Creek Classic|
|Oct 21, 2018||Defend the Bend|
|Oct 7, 2018||Challenge at Watters Smith|
|Sep 23, 2018||Little Creek Classic|
|Sep 9, 2018||Battle at Big Bear|